News & Events
**To view photos from our Special Events, visit Ahh Shoot! Photography.
May 31 - June 1
2019 EVENT SCHEDULE
The 16th Annual Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic
Please call us at 405-271-6552 for more information.
June 8, 2019
The Fish Bowl benefiting OK Kids Korral
We are thrilled to announce a brand new event this year called The Fish Bowl. The tournament is part of the annual Sand Bass Festival in 2019 and we are honored to partner with such a popular community event. All proceeds from the fishing tournament go to the operations of OK Kids Korral. First place in the Bass division is $10,000. So, sign up here! You can also print a registration form and send it to: The Toby Keith Foundation, 818 NE 8th Street, OKC, OK 73104 before May 21, 2019. Download the form here.
Click here for a complete copy of the rules.
If you would like to be a sponsor of any of our events, please email us at email@example.com or call us anytime at 405-271-6552.
---------------------------------------------------------------BLOGS ABOUT CANCER, WAYS TO HELP AND MORE
Why give to cancer support programs this season? Because this….
We are already halfway through December, which means that holiday shopping is upon us. The spirit of giving is peaking across the world, and it’s a beautiful time of year for everyone. Although our families staying in the Korral – our home for children battling cancer – are doing their best to keep some sense of normalcy, circumstances understandably make it difficult at times. This is where we, and you as a compassionate community, come in. This is where you open your hearts and make the holidays even more special, not just for our Korral families, but for you, as well. Last year, we wrote about the various ways you can help out. This year, we’re going to focus on the why.
1) Volunteering together can strengthen the bond in your family. By working together to give back, you build cohesion and unity. You also set an example for the younger generation and show them the importance of spreading love and kindness to others.
2) Donating – whether that’s money, time, or expertise – makes you feel valued and emotionally connected to others. You share an important piece of yourself for the good of someone else, and that is an excellent way to boost your own happiness.
3) Giving back helps you shift your own life into perspective. It gives you a front row seat to how many more challenging circumstances than what you face on a day-to-day basis there are.
4) Championing a cause adds more meaning to your life. It gives you a new sense of purpose and is one of those acts that offers immediate and visible results. Sure, it’s satisfying to the recipient, but it is to you, as well.
5) Probably the most important reason to share what you can is that it makes the recipients feel really, really good. They feel valued. Cherished. Acknowledged. Loved. Everyone deserves to feel those things.
6) And arguably the least important is the tax benefit of a financial donation.
It’s important to note that you don’t have to be a millionaire or have developed strong skills in everything to help our home for kids battling cancer. Every financial donation counts, we have a list of trades that are always in need, and one of the most appreciated things you can do is to just come spend time with our people. You can cook meals, help decorate for holidays, organize craft projects for the kids, and a whole list of other activities. For more information on giving back or any other part of OK Kids Korral, contact us here.