News & Events
**To view photos from our Special Events, visit Ahh Shoot! Photography.
May 31 - June 1
2019 EVENT SCHEDULE
The 16th Annual Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic
Please call us at 405-271-6552 for more information.
June 8, 2019
The Fish Bowl benefiting OK Kids Korral
We are thrilled to announce a brand new event this year called The Fish Bowl. The tournament is part of the annual Sand Bass Festival in 2019 and we are honored to partner with such a popular community event. All proceeds from the fishing tournament go to the operations of OK Kids Korral. First place in the Bass division is $10,000. So, sign up here! You can also print a registration form and send it to: The Toby Keith Foundation, 818 NE 8th Street, OKC, OK 73104 before May 21, 2019. Download the form here.
Click here for a complete copy of the rules.
If you would like to be a sponsor of any of our events, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime at 405-271-6552.
---------------------------------------------------------------BLOGS ABOUT CANCER, WAYS TO HELP AND MORE
Brighten Lives Through Simple Crafts
In our last post, we talked about resolutions and how you could make OK Kids Korral a part of those by giving the gift of your time. There are so many ways to donate your time – helping decorate, preparing meals, cleaning – but did you know that you don’t have to stick to “chores” to help us out? Some of the most enjoyable activities for the children staying at the Korral are crafts. Not only do the Korral Kids love it, but it’s fun for the volunteers, too. One comment we hear a lot, however, is “I’d love to do that, but I’m not very crafty and I have no clue what to do.” If this is you, worry no more! You’ve inspired us to create a list so that now, you don’t need the idea! You only need to pick a project and follow the steps.
1) Make a fabric wrapped vase with just an empty vase, some colorful ribbon, and a pretty cloth napkin. It’s easy, inexpensive, and will make the perfect holder for flowers.
2) Make paper plate fish decorations to brighten up their rooms.
3) Oklahoma is known for its wind, so this colorful tin can wind chime is the perfect addition to our list.
4) This recycled mini chalkboard can supply hours of tic-tac-toe or hangman fun, once the inside dries.
5) Help them share a little nature with their friends and loved ones with these DIY fall leaf cards.
6) Everyone can see things a little more clearly with these handmade binoculars.
7) And this DIY lava lamp is borderline educational with its scientific nature!
These, and any other crafts in which the children engage, will not only brighten up their rooms, but the act of creating them and sharing that experience with you will lift their hearts. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re considering being a part of this. As always, we are forever grateful for what you do to help keep the OK Kids Korral project alive and wish you as many blessings as you bring to us.