Volunteers will assist staff with daily activities within OK Kids Korral and at occasional fundraising events. Our volunteers help provide a supportive environment for families staying at OK Kids Korral.
- Interact with, assist, and orient families to OK Kids Korral
- Light housekeeping tasks, organizing, sanitize toys, etc.
- Baking and/or cooking opportunities
- Maintain beautiful landscaping, flowerbeds, & indoor plants
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- If you are under 16, you must volunteer with a parent or guardian
Each Volunteer will receive a tour and instructions regarding duties prior to their first volunteer date.
Volunteers at OK Kids Korral are scheduled for two or three-hour shifts each week. Four suggested shifts are available:
8:00 am – 11:00 am;
11:00 am – 2:00 pm;
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm;
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
(There is flexibility with volunteer shift times)
Volunteers are needed 5 days a week. A six-month semester commitment is needed. Reliable attendance is vital.
Volunteers cannot come to OK Kids Korral when they have communicable illnesses such as colds, strep throat, fever blisters, flu, chicken pox, measles, and pink eye (conjunctivitis). Children with suppressed immune systems may be staying at the House and communicable diseases can be life threatening for them. If you are interested in volunteering please visit our website below for our volunteer application.
If you are a volunteer participating with a group, individual applications are not necessary. Please email the volunteer coordinator for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.